Support SciPy development¶
SciPy will always be 100% open source software, free for all to use and released under the liberal terms of the modified BSD license. While we have a large number of contributors who volunteer their time to improve SciPy, financial resources are needed to run the project and accelerate its development. If you have found SciPy useful in your work, research, or company, please consider making a donation to the project commensurate with your resources. Any amount helps!
If you are interested in donating to the project, you can use the PayPal button below or click the “Support NumFOCUS” button at the bottom our homepage (if you use the latter, please indicate that you are donating to the SciPy project). All donations will be used strictly to fund SciPy development, by supporting activities such as developer sprints, documentation and maintenance work, and paying for hosting costs of servers and build slaves.
Our donations are managed by the NumFOCUS foundation, which passes 90% of your contribution to the SciPy project, and provides the SciPy development team with basic administrative and legal services for the other 10%. NumFOCUS is a 501(c)3 non-profit foundation, so if you are subject to the US Tax law, your contributions are tax-deductible.
The SciPy development team would like to thank the following companies and organizations for providing financial support, services, or development infrastructure:
Tidelift: financial support for SciPy through the Tidelift open source subscription
Enthought: scipy.org and mailing lists hosting, holding the SciPy trademark
NumFOCUS: several small development grants, and a hosted Mac Mini build machine
Google: support for many Google Summer of Code students
BYU: employed Travis Oliphant while working on SciPy
Mayo Clinic: employed Travis Oliphant while working on SciPy
This list is ordered by time (most recent contributions first) and was last updated in April 2019.